Alabama Allergy & Asthma Center provides the latest allergy treatments including allergy shots, rush immunotherapy, allergy medications and drug therapy. Our board certifed allergists will help find the best treatment for you.
Allergy shots (immunotherapy) are given to increase your tolerance of an allergen that provoke allergy symptoms. They are recommended to people with severe allergies. They do not cure but help your body become less sensitive to certain allergens.
- Skin Testing - helps determine what allergens cause an allergic reaction
- Allergy Shot Administration
- Rush Immunotherapy - accerates your administration of allergen injections to deliver quicker allergy relief
- Antihistamines - used to treat allergy symptoms. ex. Allegra, Benadryl, Claritin, Zyrtec
- Decongestants - relieve congestion. ex. Sudafed, Allegra-D, Zyrtec-D
- Corticosteroids - reduce inflammation. ex. Flonase, Nasonex, Azmacort, Prednisone
- Epinephrine (EpiPen) - used for severe allergic reactions or anaphylaxis
- Bronchodilators - used to clear mucus from the lungs and relax muscle bands ex. Proventil, Maxair
- Leukotriene Modifiers - treat asthma and nasal allergy symptoms ex. Singulair, Zyflo
For more information on allergy treatment, contact Alabama Allergy & Asthma Center at 205-871-9661.