United States of America
Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under direction of Physician by performing the following duties with a goal to
provide superior customer service and clinical care to all patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight and height, and records information on patient?s charts/EMR.
· Reviews medication and drug allergies with every patient on each visit.
· Administers allergy testing including Intra-dermal and Skin Prick Testing.
· Administers allergy injections
· Prepares and stocks treatment rooms for examination of patients. Cleans treatment room after each patient.
· Keeps patients informed to wait times (Patient room should be visited a minimum of every 15-minutes to give update).
· Inventories medical supplies and materials and lets appropriate person know when supplies need reordered. Ensures exam rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies.
· Gives injections or treatments as directed by the physician.
· Performs routine laboratory and diagnostic tests suck as peak flow and spirometry or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
· Provide Asthma education to patients and family members.
· Performs secretarial tasks for physicians and calls in prescriptions for patients as directed.
· Schedule all return appointments. Patients should not leave without being told when to return and given an appointment time/date. Return patient calls in a timely manner after corresponding with physician.
· Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
· Maintain accurate and confidential patient information.
· Adheres to time and attendance policy set forth by supervisor. Provides time off request 1 month in advance. Doctor excuse is provided in the event a scheduled shift cannot be worked.
· Follows appropriate chain of command and reports issues directly to clinic manager at appropriate location.
· Assists in marketing activities as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirements are Medical assistant certificate with two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience specifically in asthma and allergy. LPN or RN preferred with current Alabama license.
Interested applicants should submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 205-870-1620.